Doctor of Philosophy in Management Sciences
The PhD program provides high quality management education to business scholars i.e. to discover and impart culturally and globally relevant knowledge in management sciences. The program is designed to discover management scholarship which is intellectually rigorous, morally intensive, socially integrative, culturally relevant and globally acknowledged. PhD scholars will be encouraged to carry out original work through research which connects strongly with resolving local, national and global challenges of significance
- MBA(17 years for foreign candidates), MS/ MPhil Management Sciences or equivalent degree in relevant subjects With minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in M.Phil/M.S/Equivalent .
- A GAT subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS), ETS, USA in the area of specialization chosen at the PhD level must be cleared to qualify for admission. However, if the required Test is not cleared by the candidate in 1st year of his/her studies, the admission of the candidate will be considered as cancelled.
Scheme of Study:
- Course work of 18 credit hours preferably in the first year is required to be completed and followed by a comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as PhD researcher.
- PhD research of two years after successful passing of comprehensive examination, on the topic approved by the Graduate Studies and Research Management Council.
- The Ph.D. Dissertation must be evaluated by at least two Ph.D. experts from technologically/academically advanced foreign countries in addition to local Committee members.
- An open defense of Dissertation is essential part of PhD Program after positive evaluation.
- Acceptance/publication of at least one research paper in an HEC approved “Y” category journal is a requirement for the award of Ph.D. degree.
- The Plagiarism Test must be conducted on the Dissertation before its submission to the two foreign experts.
- A copy of Ph.D. Dissertation (both hard and soft) must be submitted to HEC for record in Ph.D.
Year 1 Semester 1
|MGT 811||Philosophical Foundation of Management||3||None|
|MGT 812||Advanced Research Methods||3||None|
|MGT 813||Advanced Analytical Tools for Management (HR/Marketing Students only)||3||None|
|MGT 821||Advanced Econometrics Finance/Economics Students only)||3||None|
|MGT 822||Behavioral Foundation of Strategy||3||None|
LIST OF ELECTIVES
Students are required to take courses from this list.
|MGT 911||Advanced Project Management||3|
|MGT 912||Advanced Total Quality Management||3|
|HRM 911||Advanced Strategic HRM||3|
|HRM 913||Advanced Cultural Change Management||3|
|HRM 914||Seminar in HRM||3|
|HRM 915||Advanced Topics in HRM||3|
|FIN 911||Empirical Research in Finance||3|
|FIN 912||Contemporary Issues in Islamic Banking||3|
|FIN 913||Advanced Corporate Governance||3|
|FIN 914||Seminar in Finance||3|
|FIN 915||Advanced Topics in Finance||3|
|MKT 911||Advanced Issues in Consumer Behavior||3|
|MKT 912||Advanced Strategic Brand Management||3|
|MKT 913||Advanced Strategic Marketing||3|
|MKT 914||Tourism and Marketing||3|
|MKT 915||Seminar in Marketing||3|
|MKT 916||Advanced Topics in Marketing||3|
List of elective courses may be revised as per requirement.