Master of Science in Software Engineering (MSSE)
MS in Software Engineering program is designed very carefully to cater to the need of various stakeholders. As software engineering is facilitating other sciences as well, therefore, the curriculum of MSSE is developed in such a way to prepare students to identify problems, provide solutions for the existing problems in commercial, financial, or other types of organizations. This degree program integrates theoretical and practical aspects of computer science discipline and its applications to various business systems. The design and use of the computer-based solution to a variety of problems is another major aspect to be studied during the MSSE program.
The program provides an opportunity for students to choose a specific area of the computing discipline for their specialization. The whole degree program consists of 30 credit hours.
The Masters of Science (Software Engineering) program is to equip students with theoretical and applied knowledge of software for the solution of complex problems. It is aimed at preparing the students to learn independently in a constantly changing discipline.
The objectives of the MS (Software Engineering) program are:
- Prepare students to critically apply concepts, theories, and practices to provide creative solutions to complex computing problems.
- Prepare students to define, plan, implement and test a medium-sized software project using appropriate software engineering processes, methods, and techniques.
- Prepare students to effectively communicate their ideas in written and electronic form, and prepare them to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prepare students with a theoretical software engineering background and applied research needed to enter a doctorate program in software engineering.
- Prepare students to join an appropriate and respectable level position in acomputing-related field, and to maintain their professional skills in a rapidly evolving field.
The minimum requirements for admission in a Master degree program are:
Sixteen years of education in a relevant subject with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0). Note: The University may recommend deficiency courses, after considering the educational background and knowledge of the candidate.
Year 1 Semester 1
|SE501||Software Requirement Engineering||3||None|
|SE502||Software Quality Assurance||3+0||None|
Year 1 Semester 2
|SExxx||Elective - I||3||None|
|SExxx||Elective - II||3||None|
|SExxx||Elective - III||3||None|
Year 2 Semester 3
|SExxx||Elective - IV||3+0||None|
|SExxx||Elective - V||3+0||None|
|SE599||Thesis - I||3||None|
Year 2 Semester 4
|SExxx||Elective - VI||3+0||None|
|SE599||Thesis - II||3||None|
LIST OF ELECTIVES
Students are required to take courses from this list.
|SE511||Formal Methods in Software Engineering||3|
|SE512||Software Risk Management||3|
|SE513||Software Design Patterns||3|
|SE514||Software Measurement and Metrics||3|
|SE515||Software Engineering Processes||3|
|SE516||Software Engineering for Web based and Distributed Systems||3|
|SE517||Engineering Software for Reliability and Quality||3|
|SE518||Software Costing and Estimation||3|
|SE519||Business Process Modeling||3|
|SE520||Personal Software Process||3|
|SE522||Theory of Programming Languages||3|
|SE523||Special topics in Software Engineering||3|
|SE526||Advanced Software Engineering Techniques||3|
|SE557||Agile Software Development||3|
|SE558||Human Factors in Software Engineering||3|
|SE559||Software Engineering for Enterprise Information Systems||3|
|SE560||Machine Learning Applications in Software Engineering||3|
|SE561||Advanced Object Oriented Software design||3|
|SE562||Software Engineering using UML||3|
List of elective courses may be revised as per requirement.