Bachelor of Science in Political Science
State is an alternative term used for a politically organized society. The question whether a society is
politically organized or otherwise is dependent on the extent to which the citizens, as one of the constituent
elements of state, are conscious of their rights and duties towards the polity. The 4 year Integrated Program
for BS in Political Science seeks to achieve the aforesaid objectives. It is designed to streamline the
education of Political Science in Pakistan and bring it in line with the international standard. The course is
designed to broaden the knowledge of graduates in multi-dimensional fields of political science. For this
purpose, different streams of specialization of this discipline have been provided to be opted by the students
in the last two semesters. Apart from the numerous objectives listed below, the program aims at the
development of an educated community which is equipped with the potentials to cope effectively with the
challenges of modern world.
Educational Objectives of BS 4 Year Integrated Programme:
Educational objectives of the BS 4 year integrated program are:
- To impart knowledge among the students about the basics of political science and the analysis of the various offshoots of the discipline. The study and analysis of the basic concepts, theories and model provides an opportunity to the students for application as well.
- To educate and train the students and make them conscious of their rights and obligations towards the society. Such a knowledge will facilitate their active participation in State business.
- To familiarize the students with the manner in which the game of politics is played locally, nationally and internationally.
- To develop among the students the ability to apply an interdisciplinary approach to the study of state related problems and suggest viable solutions.
- To expand and sharpen the intellectual capacity of students through familiarizing them with the introductory/foundation courses and steadily moving towards the major / advanced stages.
- To offer to the students varieties of choices wherefrom to select areas for specialization later at the Masters, MPhil and doctoral levels.
- To inculcate among the students the practice of making comparisons by placing before them differing views of state and government.
- To enable the students know the difference (if any) between the theory and practice of various state processes, pinpoint the causative factors and develop the know-how to bridge the gaps.
- To disseminate to the students necessary knowledge of politics and administration and enable them to be effective managers irrespective of the professions they join later on.
- To motivate students for taking up the discipline for higher studies.
- To make them able for suggesting solutions of the problems faced by the world in general and Pakistan in particular.
- To enhance the research ability of the students for successfully completing their projects and assignments on any aspect of the discipline.
- To encourage them to contribute in the field of research related to national and international issues.
- 60% marks in F.A/F.Sc/DBA/D.Com or equivalent qualification
- Rusticated/expelled from a University for misconduct
- Involved in offence of moral turpitude
- Currently enrolled in an academic programme in other College/University
Year 1 Semester 1
|Introduction to Political Science-I||3|
Year 1 Semester 2
|Introduction to Political Science-II||3|
|Introduction to Political Science-III||3|
Year 2 Semester 3
|Introduction to Basics in Computer||2|
|Political Systems (Developed Countries)||3|
Year 2 Semester 4
|Political Systems (Developing Countries)||2|
|Introduction to International Relations||3|
Year 3 Semester 5
|Western Political Philosophy-I||3|
|Muslim Political Philosophy-II||2|
|Comparative and Development Politics-I||3|
Year 3 Semester 6
|Western Political Philosophy-II||3|
|Muslim Political Philosophy-II||2|
|History of International Relations||3|
|Introduction to Local Government||3|
|Comparative and Development Politics-II||3|
Year 4 Semester 7
|Ideology and dynamics of Pakistanâ€™s Politics||2|
|Foreign Policy Analysis||3|
|Conflict and Conflict Resolution||3|
|Foreign Policies of UK, USA and Russia||3|
Year 4 Semester 8
|Constitutional development and Pakistanâ€™s Politics||3|
|Political Economy of Pakistan||2|
|Foreign Policy of Pakistan||3|
LIST OF ELECTIVES
Students are required to take courses from this list.
|International Law - I|
|International Law - II|
|Globalization and its impact on interstate relations|
|Constitutional Development in Pakistan since 1947|
|Political Parties and Elections in Pakistan|
|Civil Service of Pakistan / Bureaucracy in Pakistan|
|Pakistan in Regional Affairs|
|Pakistan in World Affairs|
|NGOs in Pakistan|
|Judiciary in Pakistan|
|Politics of governance|
|Geopolitical and Geostrategic Studies|
|Mass Media and Politics in Pakistan|
|Human Rights and Democracy in the World|
|Public Policy Analysis|
|Issues in Public Finance|
|Issues in Central â€“ Provincial Relations|
|Political Systems of China and Malaysia|
|Political Systems of Russian Federation and European Union|
|Contemporary Theories of Comparative Governments|
|Political Systems of South-East Asia (Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia)|
|Comparative Political Systems of the Middle East (Egypt, Iraq, UAE and Israel)|
|South-Asian Political Systems (India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka)|
|Political Systems of Europe (Germany, Switzerland and Albania)|
|Contemporary politics of Central Asia|
|Politics of South Asia|
List of elective courses may be revised as per requirement.