Research Development and Industrial Linkages
In the modern era of technological education it is important to promote the industry and academia linkages and research based teaching practices in order to keep the pace with latest knowledge evolving globally. Abasyn University has established the Research Development and Industrial Linkages (RDIL) in 2017 to promote the industrial consultancy works, sponsored research projects to promote the industry and academia interaction. The role of Industrial Liaison is to build and maintain strong Academia Industry Linkages with the focus on promoting and making AUP graduates the premium choice for the employers. RDIL has direct bearing on commercial activities.
- Develop and maintain industry linkages and identify specific industry partners for the ongoing research at AUP.
- Industrial Liaison closely works with the leadership team to recruit new industry partners. It’s done by networking and actively seeking opportunities for industrial participation, in research as well as in educational activities.
- Acquisition of job opportunities/ placement from industry and handling all activities to facilitate identification and coordination for placement of AUP graduates.
- Facilitation of internship including acquisition of internship slots and coordinating with industry as well as AUP institutions on the subject.
- Industrial Liaison organize periodic meeting with their industry partners.
- Conduct employers sessions.
- Take feedback of student capabilities from industry and apprise / advice AUP management accordingly.
- Coordinate and promote AUP alumni activities.
The Research, Development and Industrial Linkages (RDIL) has been given the following Missions.
- To develop new opportunities partnership most effectively. AUP is also looking to increase its activities with local industry organization.
- Continuously improving the research infrastructure, in pursuit of excellence in frontiers of knowledge.
- Focus on innovation, entrepreneurship and socially relevant projects.
- Industrial Liaison communicate/interact with industries and other organizations requesting internship and Jobs opportunities.
- Develop linkages with government, industry, academia and alumni for knowledge generation, dissemination and application.
Student Development Workshops
Increased competition has given rise to the need for students to work harder, smarter and to adapt quicker to changes than ever before. Employers now have higher expectations from all current and future employees. Understanding the importance of soft skills, the Industrial Liaison continuously conducts Student Development Workshops that help students to polish their skills and become all-rounders.
The Industrial liaison facilitates any recruiting partner who wishes to conduct recruitment activities. These drives give employers the opportunity to conduct tests, interviews, group discussions, company presentation etc. Recruitment drives are organized by Industrial Liaison as well as upon students’ request.
Functions of RDIL
The main functions of Research Development and Industrial Linkages support for:
- Sponsored Research Projects.
- Inter-disciplinary Research and Inter-Institute R&D Collaboration.
- Promotion of University and Industry interaction and Consultancy projects.
- Continuing Education Programs for Industry.
- Sponsored research fellowships/assistantship.
- Organization of conferences, workshops and seminars.
RDIL Focus on the following training programs.
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- FINANCIAL & MANAGERIAL PLANNING
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
- JOINT RESEARCH PROJECT
- INDUSTRIAL VISITS FOR STUDENTS
- ADVERTISEMENT MARKETING STRATEGY
- CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
- INDUSTRIAL AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- CULTURE OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- SOFT SKILLS TRAINING